Launch of Silverfit @Home - senior workout videos
Due to the suspension of our Silverfit exercise sessions from March 23rd, we launched Silverfit @Home - a series of online workouts, brought to you by our instructors, that can be followed in the comfort of your own home with little or no equipment required!
Videos were initially released at 10am every day to follow along, from 19th June content will be less frequent as some of our outdoor sessions have resumed.
All content remains on our channel for Silverfitters to do in their own time.
Silverfit @Home YouTube channel, can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzG9yqTx20nbmv0nbYHJJ7w/
A taster of what's on our channel...
We are providing these videos on our YouTube channel free of charge so there are no restrictions on who can enjoy them. However, should you wish to donate towards the production and staff/instructors costs involved, we have created a Just Giving page to give you the opportunity to do so:
How fantastic that we have now reached the milestone of 100 workout videos on our Silverfit @ Home YouTube channel:
Our workout videos include:
Pilates,Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Cheerleading, Zumba, Tango, Bollywood Dance, Nordic Walking at home, Walking Football and Fitness – by a variety of different instructors.
We want to say a big thank you to all of the instructors who have taken the time to record videos for us, keeping our channel consistent and full of variety for our members!
Exercise improves your strength, flexibility and posture, which in turn will help with balance, coordination, and reducing the risk of falls. Strength training also helps alleviate the symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis.
Fitness with Petrica
- Balance, Core, Weights Programme with Petrica – 10 session playlist
- Legs, Bums and Tums
- 5 Essential Exercises for the over 60s
Fitness with Emily
- Mobilise back and joints
- Promote Symmetry and Balance
- Coordination, Balance and Reflex
- Mobilisation, Cardio Fitness
- Wall Strength
- Useful Upper Body Strength
- Full body workout
Fitness with Kristin
- Strength training session – mainly standing
- Seated workout
- Core Workout – seated
- Lower body strengthening
- Upper Body Workout – Seated
- Chair fitness with Kristin
Fitness with Oggie – our over 50 instructor!
Both the physical and mental aspects of dance make it one of the best overall health practices for seniors to boost independence, mobility, balance, mood, and overall wellness.
Zumba with Zsofia – full body, cardio workout
- Zumba with Zsofia – Session 1
- Zumba with Zsofia – Session 2
- Zumba with Zsofia – Session 3
- Zumba with Zsofia – session 4
Dance with Jenny – great cardio. full body workout
Bollywood with Tamanna – a fun, full body workout
- Bollywood Dance with Tamanna
- Bollywood Dance with Tamanna – Session 2
- Bollywood Dance with Tamanna – Session 3
- Bollywood dance with Tamanna- Session 4
Tango – for Balance and Posture, with Olga and Vadym
Cheerleading is a whole body workout. You build strength by rehearsing weekly, particularly in your lower body, shoulders and core. Also helps with coordination and flexibility.
- Part 1 of the ‘9 to 5’ routine
- Part 2 of ‘9 to 5’ routine
- Elvis ‘Jailhouse Rock’ routine
- ‘Disco Inferno’ routine
- ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’ routine
- ‘Summer of 69’ routine
- ‘Baby Love’ routine
- ‘Waterloo’ routine
- ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ routine
Gentle exercises that help seniors improve balance and prevent falls.
Qi Gong with James
Tai Chi with James
- Tai Chi – Session 1
- Tai Chi – Session 2
- Tai Chi – Session 3
- Tai Chi – full 24 step Yang Style Short Form
- Tai Chi – using a Fan
Tai Chi with Michael
Nordic walking will burn more calories, raise your heart rate higher & you’ll walk faster than ordinary walking
Pilates with Brigit
- Basic sequence
- Relaxing Sequence
- Energetic Sequence
- Upper back, shoulder and neck health
- Flexibility and Mobility
- Better Breathing
- Joint Health
- Leg Strength (Standing)
- Upper Body Strength
- Classic Pilates Moves
- Hip & Thigh Moblility and Strength
- Neck Health
- Gentle Balance
- Strong and Stable Hips
Yoga with Laura
Yoga with Chris
New 7 session series based around Chakras
The word chakra literally means a “spinning wheel”—an apt metaphor, as spirit uses the chakras to weave the fabric of life. The chakras govern our behaviour, shape our emotional life, give expression to our deepest desires, and build the structure of our physical body and personality
Increases energy and improves immune system functioning by reducing cortisol (the main stress hormone) levels in the bloodstream. Reduces and control blood pressure. Decreases muscle tension and aches often associated with feeling stressed and anxious.
We are also pleased to announce the launch of Silverfit @Home audio sessions! We have been busy working behind the scenes with our instructors to put together instructed workouts that can be followed over the phone, for those who aren’t able to access our videos online – A direct phone number you can call up from any landline or mobile phone, at any time of the day!
Currently we have 3 sessions to choose from that range between 15-20 mins and can be followed over the phone.
- A fitness session with Emily, great for working on your strength, cardio and coordination
- An easy Yoga session with Chris working on your joints
- A Pilates session with Brigit, a mat and a small cushion would be useful to have for this session